Monday, October 22, 2007

My Eid Experience


I arrived at my house at 1.30 a.m on 11th October and that means there are 2 days left before Eid Mubarak. So in 2 days time, I help my family cleaning the house such as wipe the windows, cleaning the fans and also the outside of our house. I also went to my grandmother’s house located just a stone throw from my house to see her cooking ‘ketupat’, ‘rendang’ and other malay dishes. My relative also gathered in grandma’s house one day before Eid and sleep there.
During Eid, I wake up early, take my bath and perform Subuh prayer. After that I have my meal like ‘ketupat’, ‘rendang’and ‘nasi himpit’ with ‘kuah kacang’. About 8.30 a.m , all my family members go to the nearby mosque to perform solat sunat Eid and I noticed that there are many people in that mosque. And of course all muslim in that mosque wear their new ‘baju melayu’ with ‘songkok’ or ‘kopiah’. Next, we pray and listen to the ‘khutbah’ with all of our heart and we thanks God for the prosperity and peace that we can feel nowadays. After we finish that, all muslim take the opportunity to seek apologize among them and so I and my family members. We also visit the grave where my late grandfather and relative were buried and there we pray for their peace and the lesson that I can get is we need to remember that we will die one day and because of that we need to do many good deeds as we can before we die.
In the afternoon, some of my family member go out to visit their friends and I just stay home, serving for guess that visit my house. There are also many children from my neighbourhood come to our house and of course their main target is ‘kuih-muih’ and ‘duit raya’. I remember my childhood where I got a lot of ’duit raya’ during Eid but now I’m 18 and just too old to get ‘duit raya’ (laughing). Well, that is my experience for 1st day of Eid and the second day is almost the same situation where my family visit our relstives and get the guest that come to our house. On the 3rd day of Eid, my family and I go to the open house held by our representative in Parliament, Datuk Shaari at school field in Tanah Merah town. There are many kinds of food there and also lucky draw with many interesting prizes. Unluckily, we didn’t get any of the prizes and go home with frustration.

No comments:

TheFootballAssociation

TheFootballAssociation